Thank you to everyone who has emailed, rung & asked on courses about my coat. Well here it is at last finished.
At one point I didn’t think I was going to get it done, as every time I went to do a bit more on it something happened. Including a trip to the local A & E with an elderly neighbour! As you can see from the photo there was a lot of buttonholes to be done all by hand of course. I also decided to add a bit of decoration to the shoulder in the form of chains. Here is the close up of them.
The broach which holds them in place is one I have had for sometime & all the chains were in my jewelery stash. I haven’t attached them permanently so that I can change them for something else if I get fed up of them. The back of the coat is fairly plain as there is a lot of stuff going on in front.
The coat was mainly made on the Winter coat course which I ran a few weeks ago now. The make up of the coat is the speed tailored method with a floating chest piece inside. The details of some of the techniques used are on previous blog posts. All in all I’m very pleased with the result of the coat & can justify my rash purchase of purple cashmere coating. It’s not sitting in the stash for the next 20 years. I do have another piece of green cashmere coating which has been in the stash for a good 10 years oops! All I need now is for the weather to get colder so I can wear it!