I Made It.
When the world cup started, I made a promise to myself that I would sew whilst it was on & get some nice new clothes for my holiday, do the alterations, which have been hanging around forever & reach the target of getting my fabric stash down to 50 pieces. Well, I’ve finally got there. I admit that there are still a couple of alterations, which still need to be done but with this nightshirt, I managed the magical number.
This fabric has been in my stash for some time now & I made one piece up for my sister last Christmas. I managed to find these really cute buttons to finish it off.
If you have been following my progress, you will know that I have finished 3 dresses, a pair of cut off trousers & the nightshirt. The alterations are too boring to mention but I’m pleased with what I have done. Now all I have to do is concentrate on the rest of the 50 pieces & try not to buy too much fabric to add to the stash before I make more up. I would like another dress for my holiday but I don’t have anything suitable in the stash to do it, (I have looked through every piece) so, if I am to get another dress done I will have to go out & get some. As I’ve said before, I have my eye on this fabric in the shop.
I think it will make a fantastic Summer dress. Really simple with princessline seams & a flared skirt. I also have another idea brewing for a summer weight wrap. I recently sorted out the stockroom upstairs at the shop & came across these motifs for bra making.
I thought we had sold out of these motifs but found another box with them in it. They were originally bought like this from a factory, which was closing down. They had them cut ready for putting in to bra cups. I have cut the flower motif out & I’m working on doing a feature on the back of the wrap so I don’t have to have a belt all around. I do have the fabric for this wrap in my stash. So, if I made it up that would bring the stash down to 49. So, I could have the dress fabric & still not go over 50 pieces! I’ll let you know how it goes.