Our Privacy Notice – your rights, your information and how we use it
Our Privacy Notice contains important information about what personal details we collect; what we do with that information; who we may share it with and why; and your choices and rights when it comes to the personal information you have given us.
We may need to make changes to our Privacy Notice from time to time and if we make any material changes then we will make the updated Privacy Notice available to you on our website or by other means.
Who we are
We are English Couture Company Limited and your privacy is very important to us.
This Privacy Notice is provided by English Couture Company Limited. References to “we”, “our” and “us” in this Privacy Notice are references to English Couture Company Limited. We are a controller of your personal data under applicable data protection laws, including, from 25th May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). We, as a controller, determine why and how we collect and use your personal data.
This version of our Privacy Notice was last updated on 11th May 2018.
Information we collect and use
We collect and process personal data such as;
• your name, residential and email address, contact telephone numbers, card payment details
• information about your contact with us e.g. meetings, phone calls, emails/letters,
• information that is automatically collected e.g. via cookies or IP addresses when you visit our website
Where we collect your information
We may collect your personal information directly from you and from a variety of sources including:
• an order form from our website
• telephone conversations you have with us
• email or letters you send to us
• face to face meetings with one of our staff
• our website
What we collect and use your information for
We take your privacy seriously and we will only ever collect and use information which is personal to you where it is necessary, fair and lawful to do so. We will collect and use your information only where:
• you have given us your permission (consent) to send you our newsletter and brochure which we believe may be of interest and benefit to you. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
• it is necessary to fulfil an order or prepare for courses e.g. if you wish to receive goods from us we will require some personal information including your name, address and card payment details
• It is in the legitimate interests of English Couture Company Limited e.g. to fulfil an order, where we need to process your information to better understand you and your needs so we can send you relevant communications about product updates, to mitigate business and operational risks, complying with internal policies, ensuring information security, maintaining the relationship and otherwise interacting with you, protecting English Couture Company Limited’s interests including legal rights and claims. When evaluating whether legitimate interests can be relied on as a legal basis for the processing activities described above, a balancing test is carried out to ensure that the use of your personal data will not be overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
If you do not wish us to collect and use your personal information in these ways, it may mean that we will be unable to provide you with your order, information and guidance or indeed maintain our relationship with you. If we ask you to provide us with your personal information to comply with a legal requirement, or to allow us to enter into or perform a contract with you, then we may reject or delay dealing with you until the relevant information is received to our satisfaction e.g. your card payment details so that we can take payment for an order or a course.
Who we might share your information with
We may share your information with third parties for the reasons outlined in “What we collect and use your information for”. These third parties include:
• Companies we have chosen to support us in the delivery of our services we offer to you and other customers e.g. technology companies; or companies who can help us in our contact with you e.g. an internet service provider
• Our Supervisory Authority e.g. the Information Commissioners Office for the UK (ICO)
We will never sell your details to someone else. Whenever we share your personal information, we will do so in line with our obligations to keep your information safe and secure.
Where your information is processed
Your information is processed in the UK and European Economic Area (EEA).
How we protect your information
To protect the security of your information, we implement appropriate technical and organisational security measures which include physical and technical security safeguards and we ensure that adequate policies, procedures and controls are in place with our organisation.
How long we keep your information
We will keep your personal information only where it is necessary to provide you with our services while you are a customer.
We may also keep your information after this period but only where required to meet our legal obligations. The length of time we keep your information for these purposes will vary depending on the obligations we need to meet.
Your individual rights
You have several rights in relation to how English Couture Company Limited uses your information. They are:
Right to be informed
You have a right to receive clear and easy to understand information on what personal information we have, why and who we share it with – we do this via our Privacy Notice.
Right of access
You have the right of access to your personal information. If you wish to receive a copy of the personal information we hold on you, you may make a data subject access request (DSAR).
Right to request that your personal information be rectified
If your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you can request that it is corrected.
Right to request erasure
You can ask for your information to be deleted or removed if there is not a compelling reason for English Couture Company Limited to continue to have it.
Right to restrict processing
You can ask that we block or suppress the processing of your personal information for certain reasons. This means that we are still permitted to keep your information – but only to ensure we don’t use it in the future for those reasons you have restricted.
Right to data portability
You can ask for a copy of your personal information for your own purposes to use across different services. In certain circumstances, you may move, copy or transfer the personal information we hold to another company in a safe and secure way.
Right to object
You can object to English Couture Company Limited processing your personal information where it is based on our legitimate interests; for direct marketing; and if we were using it for scientific/historical research and statistics.
How to contact us
To exercise your individual rights or if you have any questions about our Privacy Notice or the information we collect or use about you, please contact;
English Couture Company Limited, 18 The Green, High Street, Syston, Leicestershire, LE7 1HQ
Telephone: 0116 2606767
How to make a complaint
We will always strive to collect, use and safeguard your personal information in line with data protection laws. If you do not believe we have handled your information as set out in our Privacy Notice, please write to us at English Couture Company Limited, 18 The Green, High Street, Syston, Leicestershire, LE7 1HQ and we will do our utmost to make things right.
If you are still unhappy, you can complain to our Supervisory Authority, the ICO. Their telephone number is: 0303 123 1113 (local rate number – calls to this number cost the same as calls to 01 or 02 numbers).